The incessant dripping of a drip in your home can be sufficient to drive you up a wall. Apart from the headache that comes from the continual drips, a and drops, a leaking roof can additionally lead to problems which come from serious water harm. Now that a month or two of ice and snow are likely coming our way, it’s as good a time as ever to ensure that your roof is well-maintained and there won’t be any melting winter weather causing you as much grief inside as it does out.
Frequent Causes of a Leaking Roof
If for example the roofing is dripping, it’s likely stemming from just one among these issues:
• shingle damage
• Old or cracked skylights
• Cracked or clogged chimneys
• Broken roof pipelines or vents
• roofing flashing that needs repair or replacement
At the first indication of a drip, have a roofing specialist come check out as quickly as feasible.
Possible Water Damage from a Leaking Roof
• Attic: When water is entering your home from above, logic dictates that the first damage will take place at the uppermost point of your house. Any belongings stored in your loft will be the first hit. That means that any precious photographs or keepsakes that may be up there are the first range of defense against a leaking roofing.
• Insulation: Next down from the loft is your insulation. Liquid damage to insulation can result in mildew or mildew and mold, which can then spread to other areas of your home via your HVAC system. Wet or moist insulation also seems to lose performance, indicating higher energy bills to heat your house this winter.
• Electricity: Water and electricity do not mix. Nonetheless they might if your roofing is leaking using your home’s internal wiring. This really is a severe fire hazard, and in case you notice water damage to your wiring you should shut off the circuits to prevent a brief circuit. Get an electrician inspect the wires to ensure that it’s safe to turn back on.
• Structural Integrity: wall space, ceilings, Roofs, and rafters are all susceptible to water damage from a leaking roof. In case any of these were to be weak from absorption… well, you’ve got more to worry about than just an annoying leaking noise.
Call us now if you are looking for water damage repair in San Diego!